Recently, I took myself on a Self-Care weekend to Portland, Oregon. I took time just for myself to sit, explore, relax & reset. This was my first time in Portland and I am now so in love with this city. Leaving Downtown LA to step into a real life Bob Ross painting, I physically felt my mind & body relax..which is very rare.I tried to hit as many spots as I could this trip, so I've compiled a list of my favorite stores, restaurants, coffee shops etc. that I came across and the ways I added in self-care through out the weekend.
I stayed at the Kimpton Hotel Vintage and let me tell ya, you need to stay here when you come to town. It is right in the heart of Downtown which made it extremely easy to get to all of the spots I wanted to go to. I was able to walk from my hotel everywhere - I literally walked about 7 miles each day because it was just too convenient and too beautiful out not to. My room was unbelievable. So big and spacious plus a gigantic tub which I obviously utilized for my self-care bath (pictured below). They also just opened an amazing restaurant right downstairs..the day before I got in town....score! Just take a look at this menu at Il Solito and tell me you don't want everything on it.
Listed here are some of my absolute favorites that I stumbled upon while walking around Portland!
- The Yo! Store - Cutest little shop with Mimi Ceramics, locally made jewelry, plants & tons of amazing leather goods. Right next door to Commissary coffee shop (listed below). Try not to buy something in this store, I dare you.
- Field Trip
- WM Goods
- North of West
- I Am That Shop
- Proud Mary
- Eb & Bean - This ice cream is locally sourced & probiotic rich. The flavors were unlike any I had tasted before. Plus, when treats are made to be good for the gut + support local businesses...I am in!
- Mediterranean Exploration Co.
- Il Solito at Hotel Vintage
Coffee / Matcha
- Tea Bar
- Townshend's Tea House
- Fettle - Custom blended teas to go, Kombucha on tap, aromatherapy kits for the home + loose tea to mix and match to take on the road. I finally picked up my own Mizuba Matcha to try (the main matcha of Portland) and it was fantastic!
Fitness / Self Care
- Loyly Spa - Honestly, one of the best experiences I have had in a long time. Saunas, Cold steam, Aromatherapy foots baths, unlimited chaga & dandelion tea, massages and holistic face masks. This is a must go.
- WALKING !!
Captures of some of my fave spots + their locations, just hover over the picture for the details! ↓↓↓