Happy (French) Toast Tuesday!!
This french toast recipe will have you dreaming of it for the rest of the week. On my favorite Canyon Bake house gluten free bread, there is no sugar added making this a healthy version of your favorite classic.
For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of mlk
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2tsp Cinnamon
For the Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup of cashews (soaked or non soaked)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1tsp Vanilla
- Option to add maple syrup to taste
Time to create!
For the Cream:
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth to the texture you prefer
- Place in fridge until french toast is ready
For the Toast:
- Whisk the batter ingredients together in a bowl
- Lightly heat ghee in a stove pan
- Place Canyon Bake House bread in the batter until completely soaked through & place on the heated pan
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top
- Cook until browned on both sides
- Plate & drizzle the cashew cream on top
- Add toppings of your choice: raspberries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes etc.